It’s May y’all! I know that this is the beginning of wedding season and while some brides already have a leg up on their fitness regimen for their big day, I know that there can never be too much advice on looking for best for one of the most exciting, stress inducing and joyous days of your life!
- Start your day with a good breakfast. Yeah, I know, you’ve heard it a million times but it is essential! Have a smoothie with greek yogurt and fruit (add protein powder if you like) or have one of my favorites: steel cut oatmeal.
- Have goals. Write them down-the earlier the better! Do you want to lose weight or sculpt what you are working with already? Do you need to pay attention to your diet or do you need to..
- Hit the weights! Most people go to the old stand-by (or at least what they believe) of weight loss exercising-cardio. Now I love cardio, but the keys to maintaining a healthy weight lie in 1. A clean diet 2. Strength training 3. Cardio. In that order.
- Visualize how you want to look in your dress. Of course you have a picture of your dress in your desk, purse and gym bag. But also know the silhouette of the dress. Is it backless? Its it a short dress? Does it show off your waist? Tailor your workouts to accentuate what you have naturally as well as what you develop while training. You also want to increase your endurance levels! Wedding planning is no joke-lots of running around, making decisions, and late nights. You are going to need energy for that so again, a good diet, appropriate rest and a good cardio regimen will help out with that. Plus dontcha wanna dance all night at the reception?
- Meditatation. Yoga. Long (or short) Walks. Whatever that can help you stay in the present space and not looking toward the future with that naturally occurring bridal anxiety. Taking some quiet time-even 15 minutes a day will help you stay ready for your wedding day.
Stay tuned for more bridal tips! Got questions? Just ask!