I’m going on a road trip! Yup! Me! Hitting the road and going to New Orleans to check out the Essence Music Festival with some girls and I am so excited for this adventure! Other than the change of scenery and female bonding and the promise of seafood, music and fun when we get there, one of the things about being on the road, is the one the road food. Fast, fried food that can sometimes taste soo good, but be soooo bad for you. What’s a girl (or guy) to do?
Well, believe it or not, there are some things that you can take with you to have a healthier time on the road! Here are a few of my favorites:
1. Almonds. Tasty, filling and come in different flavors.
2. Hummus and pretzel snack packs.
3. Water-of course.
4. Pouches of tuna. You can add this for some healthy protein on a side salad (or two) from the drive through.
5. Granola bars
6. Trail Mix or any other fruit and nut mix.
7. Pirate’s Booty in Aged White Cheddar-yum!
8. Pre-cut fresh fruit and vegetables. Apples, celery and carrots usually travel the best. I love bananas, but hate the hot banana smell in a small space.
Add some music and some mystery novels and I’m all good until it is my turn to drive. I am too excited for my trip and will be scouting out my next fitness adventure. I can’t wait!
And now, get out there an get some FIT STARTED! Until next time!